The first episode in a series for CRM Admins and people who work with CRM Admins (which is probably most of our listeners)!
A CRM Admin is someone who is required to wear many hats, understand the technology behind your CRM tool to help customize it, and translate requirements from business users to make the tool do what they need. In this episode, we discuss in more detail what a CRM Admin does and why that role is incredibly crucial for managing your CRM tool. Ashley shares from her extensive experience as an admin to give us tips about what she’s learned along the way.
This episode will lay the foundation for the next episodes to come, where we’ll dive deeper into topics around administrating your CRM platform.
Come back in two weeks for the next episode in the series where we’ll discuss what team your CRM admin should reside on.
Find a community:
- Dynamics Communities: https://dynamicscommunities.com/
- Dynamics User Group: https://dynamicsusergroup.com/
- Microsoft Dynamics Community: https://community.dynamics.com/
DUG Forums: https://dynamicsusergroup.com/forums/
Resources for admins:
- Twitter (X)
Find a good partner: https://dynamics.microsoft.com/en-us/partners/find-a-partner/
Learn to say no: https://hbr.org/2020/09/learn-when-to-say-no
Learn to redirect and ask more questions: https://officeinfluence.com/9-ways-to-say-no-without-saying-no/
Tools for learning:
- Microsoft Learn: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/training/dynamics365/
- DUG Webinars: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?app=desktop&list=PLihbooUf2JIxYpZDmJFKsG2gMDsD2LY9D
- Power Platform Conference, October 3 -5, Las Vegas: https://powerplatformconf.com/#!/
- Community Summit, October 15 – 20, Charlotte: https://www.summitna.com/
- DynamicsCon Live, May 13 – 16, Denver: https://live.dynamicscon.com/
Learn to multi-task: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/career-development/multi-tasking-skills
Check out our previous podcast on a similar topic: